The old style, Sunday afternoon family dinner at Grandma’s house is back. This time it’s at your house with a lot less effort and ready to impress whoever you want to invite over.
- Brown 1/2 chopped onion and 1/2 minced garlic bulb in heated oil
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt to simmering onion and garlic
- Add 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- Add 1 teaspoon each of salt, thymes, pepper and basil
- Add in second can of crushed tomato
- Stir sauce every few minutes while it comes to a boil
- Add 1/2 onion and 1/2 garlic bulb, salt, pepper and thymes
- Mix in more spices to your taste
- After 25-30 minutes add in 1 cup of heavy cream and 1 tablespoon of vodka
Note: If you would just like tomato sauce, you can stop here and enjoy.
- Simmer for 5 minutes