Ah, breakfast. The most important meal of the day.
But let’s be real: it’s usually a crammed donut and sucked up coffee during the work commute.
That’s not breakfast – that sucks.
What if you could actually eat a damn good breakfast that wasn’t an old, crusty pastry?
What if, brace yourself, you cooked this awesome breakfast all by yourself…in minutes?
Oh yeah, it’s happening. And we’ll tell you how to do it.
We’ve put together 9 breakfast hacks for Average Joes and Janes who rarely touch a spatula. We’re talking to the people who have Googled “how to boil water.”
These hacks will save you time in the morning without sacrificing your tastebuds.
9 Simple Breakfast Hacks
The most important meal of the day. But let’s be real. It’s usually a crammed donut and coffee during the work commute. Try some of these to make a quick, delicious breakfast.
- Breaking Eggs? Wet Your Fingers! – If you’ve broken some eggs and got shells in the mix, wet your fingers for easy removal. You could also use the egg you cracked to quickly scoop out any crunchy shards. Or…
- Don’t even break ‘em – bake ‘em! Take a cupcake pan and place an egg in each holder. Toss it into the oven at 350 degrees for half an hour. Perfect hard-boil…er…baked eggs with zero effort!
- Smoothie guy? Save loads of time by packing your freezer with ziploc bags filled with smoothie ingredients. While rubbing sleep out of your eyes, dump the bag into your blender.
- Pro Tip: Save even more time by cutting up those bananas and other rock-hard fruits before freezing.
- While we’re on the subject of bananas, wrap the top of them with plastic wrap. They’ll last a few days longer.
- If you like it, then you put a fried egg on it! Last night’s vegetables? Fried egg. Soup? Fried egg. Pizza? Fried egg (trust us). Steak? Oh, buddy. You better believe: Fried. Egg.
- You know what would look great on that bacon (besides more bacon?) Pancake batter. Drizzle it over your strips for a tasty grab-and-go breakfast snack.
- Who has time to boil water? Use your K-cup coffee maker to get instant hot water for your oatmeal – just make sure to give it a quick clean before turning it on or you might taste some coffee in your oatmeal (an extra benefit?)
- Pancakes are awesome – but messy. Store leftover (or emergency) pancake mix in a ketchup bottle. Does that make pancake mix the 58th variety?
- Sick of hard butter destroying your toast? Whip out a cheese grater and keep your toast in tact.
Use these breakfast hacks when you’re running late, running early, or have nowhere to run at all. Even if you’ve never turned on a stove before these hacks give you an edge over your eggs, a beat on bacon, the upper hand on pots and … OK, you get the point.